About Me

I started this blog to keep track of my kitchen creations. I love cooking and eating. In 2008 I was diagnosed with RA. Food started becoming a huge problem. I needed to find a better way to eat the flavors I love. All the recipes I create are driven by my desire to eat good food that won't create extra pain and inflammation in my internal ecosystem. While the recipes are wholesome, the language is not. I swear. I use the word 'fuck'. A lot! I make no apologies for that. It's just a fair warning. I'm raw and real. Happy cooking! Even happier eating! Cheers! Angie

Sunday, January 6, 2013

Strawberry Spice

This morning I was chatting with a couple of High School friends on FB.  Dairy Free Diva was mentioned and it inspired me to create something new this morning.
 
I've been arguing profusly with bronchitis for the past week and frankly it's making me miserable.  Forget about the fact that it's cold and snowy.  I looked through the produce in my fridge, feezer, and counter to find something that would give me some "summer comfort".  I have certain summer comfort fruits that I always try to keep in the freezer.  I found 3 and added some ginger.

The fruits are chock full of Vitamin C and fresh ginger is great for knocking out a cold.
 
 
Put in the Vitamix the following:
 
2 whole oranges minus the zest (Use the white pithy part.  It has a lot of good nutrients!)
1/4 of a pineapple, peeled
1 big handful of strawberries
2 inches of ginger, peeled.  You can use more if you like it really spicy!
 
Blend them until smooth.  You may have to add a small amount of water of your fruit is frozen.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment