About Me

I started this blog to keep track of my kitchen creations. I love cooking and eating. In 2008 I was diagnosed with RA. Food started becoming a huge problem. I needed to find a better way to eat the flavors I love. All the recipes I create are driven by my desire to eat good food that won't create extra pain and inflammation in my internal ecosystem. While the recipes are wholesome, the language is not. I swear. I use the word 'fuck'. A lot! I make no apologies for that. It's just a fair warning. I'm raw and real. Happy cooking! Even happier eating! Cheers! Angie

Monday, January 25, 2016

Creamy Caramel Sauce

Who doesn't love rich, ooey, gooey caramel?  This recipe is so simple that it's hard to believe it makes something with such depth of flavor!  The list of what you can drown in this is too long! Just use your imagination!  You can pour this shit over anything!

•1 can of full-fat coconut milk
•1 cup of coconut sugar
•1 tsp of pure vanilla extract

Put all 3 ingredients in a heavy-bottomed sauce pan. Bring all that good shit to a boil and let it roll for for 15 minutes. 

Watch it carefully because the minute you take your eyes off that fucker, you know it's gonna boil over!  You can stir it occasionally to keep it from sticking and burning. 

After 15 minutes, lower the heat and simmer for another 5 min. Remove caramel from heat and pour into a heat-proof glass bowl. It will continue to thicken as it cools. Store in the fridge. 

To reheat it, you can carefully nuke it or you can reheat it over the stove. If it seems too thick, add a little more coconut milk as you warm it up. 







No comments:

Post a Comment