About Me

I started this blog to keep track of my kitchen creations. I love cooking and eating. In 2008 I was diagnosed with RA. Food started becoming a huge problem. I needed to find a better way to eat the flavors I love. All the recipes I create are driven by my desire to eat good food that won't create extra pain and inflammation in my internal ecosystem. While the recipes are wholesome, the language is not. I swear. I use the word 'fuck'. A lot! I make no apologies for that. It's just a fair warning. I'm raw and real. Happy cooking! Even happier eating! Cheers! Angie

Sunday, August 24, 2014

Peach Chia Pudding


With the abundance of fresh fruit we get from our CSA, The Good Food Collective, we have plenty to grab for a quick snack.  

Doing other things with fruit is always a challenge for me, mainly because I'd rather eat it fresh.

The chia pudding I made using almond milk as a base was so delicious that I decided to try this same concept with fruit.  I was originally going to use plums but chose peaches instead because I had some that were every soft and juicy.  (Plus I used most of my plums to make dessert for tonite!)

This recipe is so easy and takes very little time. Best part......only 3 ingredients!

8 peaches
Chia seeds
Water

Clean the peaches well enough to get most of the fuzz off.  You don't need to peel them!  Cut them into chunks and put them in a blender with a half cup of water and blend gently.

Check the amount you have once the peaches are done.  If there isn't an exact amount in cups, add enough water to round up to the nearest cup and blend just to incorporate the water.

Pour 1 cup of the peach juice into separate glass containers.  (I prefer Ball canning jars and plastic lids.)

Add 6 tablespoons of chia seeds to each jar and stir gently.  Cap them and refrigerate over night.



No comments:

Post a Comment