About Me

I started this blog to keep track of my kitchen creations. I love cooking and eating. In 2008 I was diagnosed with RA. Food started becoming a huge problem. I needed to find a better way to eat the flavors I love. All the recipes I create are driven by my desire to eat good food that won't create extra pain and inflammation in my internal ecosystem. While the recipes are wholesome, the language is not. I swear. I use the word 'fuck'. A lot! I make no apologies for that. It's just a fair warning. I'm raw and real. Happy cooking! Even happier eating! Cheers! Angie

Monday, June 29, 2015

Blueberry Sweet Potato Smoothie

I have a couple of friends who frequently put sweet potatoes and yams in smoothies. These are not things I like to eat, let alone want to drink them.  

I've been playing around with this smoothie recipe for a couple of weeks but couldn't make it taste good.  I couldn't seem to pick out any other flavor except the yams. Lucky for me my coach didn't mind being a guinea pig today. He liked it and said I should publish it so if you don't like it, I guess we can blame him. 😁

1 cup of unsweetened almond milk
1 banana
1 apple with skin
1/2 of a yam w/ skin 
4 medjool dates
3 tablespoons of hemp powder
1 scoop of your fav protein powder 
1/2 cup of blueberries (or more if you like)
1/4 cup of raw walnuts
ice

Cube and microwave the yam until it's soft then let it cool. Then just throw everything into a high powered blender until it's blended.  Maybe add the ice last a cube at a time.  I doubled this and used 12 ice cubes.

Cheers!
Angie

No comments:

Post a Comment