About Me

I started this blog to keep track of my kitchen creations. I love cooking and eating. In 2008 I was diagnosed with RA. Food started becoming a huge problem. I needed to find a better way to eat the flavors I love. All the recipes I create are driven by my desire to eat good food that won't create extra pain and inflammation in my internal ecosystem. While the recipes are wholesome, the language is not. I swear. I use the word 'fuck'. A lot! I make no apologies for that. It's just a fair warning. I'm raw and real. Happy cooking! Even happier eating! Cheers! Angie

Thursday, August 9, 2012

Cashew Milk Ice Cream

This was a last minute thought the other day as I was craving ice cream. I had the cashews already soaking for milk and decided to make ice cream.

You can flavor this also. I put some cacao nibs in mine. You can add raw honey, fruit, other raw nuts. The possibilities are endless!

1 cup of raw cashews
2 cups of water

Soak the cashews in the water for about 3 hours.

Drain and give a quick rinse.

Put the cashews in a high powered blender with 2 cups of fresh water. Blend on medium high for 3 minutes.

Pour into ice cube trays and freeze.

Once frozen, soften at room temperature for a bit then put back into the blender and blend on high again until creamy.

Put into single serving sized containers and refreeze.

Let soften for a bit before eating.



No comments:

Post a Comment