About Me

I started this blog to keep track of my kitchen creations. I love cooking and eating. In 2008 I was diagnosed with RA. Food started becoming a huge problem. I needed to find a better way to eat the flavors I love. All the recipes I create are driven by my desire to eat good food that won't create extra pain and inflammation in my internal ecosystem. While the recipes are wholesome, the language is not. I swear. I use the word 'fuck'. A lot! I make no apologies for that. It's just a fair warning. I'm raw and real. Happy cooking! Even happier eating! Cheers! Angie

Thursday, July 2, 2015

Chocolate Sweet Potato Protein

Last sweet potato experiment for the week.  I think I could probably add them to any of my recipes at this point. 

You can use any raw nuts and any nut butter that you like. I just use what's laying around. 

And no.......there's no picture. I forgot to take one again and it was gone before I remembered. 

2 cups of almond milk
1 scoop of protein powder
3 tablespoons of hemp powder
3 tablespoons of whole oats 
3 tablespoons of cacao powder or nibs
1-3 tablespoons of instant espresso 
1/4 c organic peanut butter
1/4 c raw hazelnuts
4 medjool dates
1 banana
1 sweet potato
12 ice cubes

Cube and cook the sweet potato in the microwave or oven until it's soft then let it cool completely. 

Throw everything but the ice cubes in a high powered blender.  As its mixing, add the ice one cube at a time.  You may also have to add a little more milk to thin it out.

This makes enough to share or save!



No comments:

Post a Comment