About Me

I started this blog to keep track of my kitchen creations. I love cooking and eating. In 2008 I was diagnosed with RA. Food started becoming a huge problem. I needed to find a better way to eat the flavors I love. All the recipes I create are driven by my desire to eat good food that won't create extra pain and inflammation in my internal ecosystem. While the recipes are wholesome, the language is not. I swear. I use the word 'fuck'. A lot! I make no apologies for that. It's just a fair warning. I'm raw and real. Happy cooking! Even happier eating! Cheers! Angie

Saturday, July 11, 2015

Snickers Bar Buzzzzz

I originally had a different name for this but when my coach said it tasted like a Snickers Bar I changed it. I usually get inspiration for names based on the flavor and I was going for something like Kicked Up Monkey or something like that. After his comment though I noticed it too. The instant espresso gives this a great caffeine punch. The dates give it the caramel flavor. I used cacao powder to flavor it and added the whole nibs as an afterthought. I love the crunch they have and it was perfect in this smoothie.  This was the perfect pick-me-up for my 6 hour road trip to Fort Drum today and I'm pretty sure it'll carry me through the Rolling Stones concert I'm going to tonite! 

Cheers!
Angie

2 cups of almond milk
2 scoops of protein powder
1/4 cup of cacao powder
1/4 cup of instant espresso  
3 tblsps of hemp powder
2 tblsps of maca powder
2 tblsps of mesquite powder
1 tblsp of lucuma powder
3 tblsps of rolled or Irish oats
Handful of raw almonds
1/2 cup of peanut butter
2 bananas
6-8 medjool dates 
8-10 ice cubes
Chopped cacao nibs

Put everything except the ice and cacao nibs in the blender. Once it's blended, start adding the ice. After you pour it into glasses or whatever, add the cacao nibs. You can add however many you want. This recipe makes enough for 2-3!

No comments:

Post a Comment