About Me

I started this blog to keep track of my kitchen creations. I love cooking and eating. In 2008 I was diagnosed with RA. Food started becoming a huge problem. I needed to find a better way to eat the flavors I love. All the recipes I create are driven by my desire to eat good food that won't create extra pain and inflammation in my internal ecosystem. While the recipes are wholesome, the language is not. I swear. I use the word 'fuck'. A lot! I make no apologies for that. It's just a fair warning. I'm raw and real. Happy cooking! Even happier eating! Cheers! Angie

Thursday, July 9, 2015

Smokin' Sit-Up Maple Smoothie

While rummaging through Trader Joe's I came across maple water. Basically it's the unprocessed sap from maple trees. I live in Western New York so I've had the opportunity to taste pure unprocessed maple sap. It's consistency is very much like water and it tastes like water that has been flavored with a touch of maple syrup. Just to be clear, when I say maple syrup I don't mean Log Cabin or Mrs Butterworth's etc. I'm talking about 100% pure maple syrup. Nothing artificial. 

I made this smoothie this morning and had some before my WOD. That might be why I beat my coach's time in gymnastics and his number of sit-ups in the WOD.  Maybe I should have brought him his earlier!  I told him it needed a name and he suggested Smokin Sit-Up Smoothie. I liked it so I used it. 

It's pretty sweet. I put the ice in while instead of crushing it in the mixer but you can crush it if you like.

1 cup of almond milk
1 cup of maple water
2 bananas
6 medjool dates
2 scoops of protein powder
3 tblsps of hemp powder
3 tblsps of Irish oats
1 handful of raw almonds
8-12 ice cubes

Everything goes in the blender on high until smooth. 












No comments:

Post a Comment