About Me

I started this blog to keep track of my kitchen creations. I love cooking and eating. In 2008 I was diagnosed with RA. Food started becoming a huge problem. I needed to find a better way to eat the flavors I love. All the recipes I create are driven by my desire to eat good food that won't create extra pain and inflammation in my internal ecosystem. While the recipes are wholesome, the language is not. I swear. I use the word 'fuck'. A lot! I make no apologies for that. It's just a fair warning. I'm raw and real. Happy cooking! Even happier eating! Cheers! Angie

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

GREEN GODDESS Smoothie **Green Monster**

1 cup hemp milk or almond milk
1 banana
6 medjool dates pitted and chopped
1/2 of an avacado
3 large kale leaves
1 small handful of baby spinach
2 cubes of frozen wheatgrass juice
1 tablespoon of spirulina powder

Get the milk going and quickly add things, as this has a tendency to get thick fast. You can always thin it with water. It's pretty stong but the dates will sweeten it.

**The term Green Monster is a trademark of Oh She Glows

No comments:

Post a Comment