About Me

I started this blog to keep track of my kitchen creations. I love cooking and eating. In 2008 I was diagnosed with RA. Food started becoming a huge problem. I needed to find a better way to eat the flavors I love. All the recipes I create are driven by my desire to eat good food that won't create extra pain and inflammation in my internal ecosystem. While the recipes are wholesome, the language is not. I swear. I use the word 'fuck'. A lot! I make no apologies for that. It's just a fair warning. I'm raw and real. Happy cooking! Even happier eating! Cheers! Angie

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Raw Almond Zucchini Hummus

I am always at a loss when it comes to the left over pulp from making home made nut milks.  Usually I just dry it in a low oven and freeze it for flour.  The other day I Googled 'nut pulp recipes' and found this gem courtesy of Choosing Raw.  It is delish!  The base recipe is from Choosing Raw but I have modified it a little bit and added some other variations below.

1-1 & 1/2 cups of almond pulp
1 zucchini (clean well.  you can use the skin.)
Fresh garlic (use as much as you want for your taste)
The juice of 1/2 to 1 lemon, again depending on taste
Sea salt to taste
1 tsp of ground cumin

Put everything in a food processor or high-powered blender and mix until incorporated.  Chill for several hours or overnight.  Use with veggies, as a spread, or with crackers.



Roasted Red Pepper-roast 2 large red peppers until skin in charred.  Dice small and mix into hummus by hand after it's been blended.

Garlic-Add a whole head of garlic into the mixer.

Cracked Black Pepper-Add 1/8-1/4 cup of whole black peppercorns to the mixer.

Chive-Add 1/4 cup of fresh chives to the mixer

No comments:

Post a Comment