About Me

I started this blog to keep track of my kitchen creations. I love cooking and eating. In 2008 I was diagnosed with RA. Food started becoming a huge problem. I needed to find a better way to eat the flavors I love. All the recipes I create are driven by my desire to eat good food that won't create extra pain and inflammation in my internal ecosystem. While the recipes are wholesome, the language is not. I swear. I use the word 'fuck'. A lot! I make no apologies for that. It's just a fair warning. I'm raw and real. Happy cooking! Even happier eating! Cheers! Angie

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Recovery Monster


I started making this after my workouts. I wanted to give my body a huge dose of protien.

2 cups of water (more if needed at the end)
1 tablespoon of organic, extra-virgin coconut oil
1 banana
1/2 of a Hass avocado
1/2 cup of blueberries
1 scoop of Garden of Life's Super Seed Beyond Fiber
1 level tablespoon of hemp powder (I use Bob’s Red Mill)
1 level tablespoon of ground flax or flax meal (I use Bob’s Red Mill)
1 level tablespoon of ground chia
1 level tablespoon of spirulina
1 level teaspoon of maca powder
1 level tablespoon of cacao nibs
1 tablespoon (about 5 full-sized halves) of walnuts
1 tablespoon (10 whole pieces) of raw almonds
1 tablespon of raw cashews
1 level tablespoon of raw hulled pumpkin seeds
1 level tablespoon of raw hulled sunflower seeds

Put everything in the blender and mix thoroughly. I will admit, this doesn’t taste fantastic but it wasn’t disgusting either. If you want to sweeten it, you can add a bit of raw honey.  This recipe makes enough for 2.  You can either share it with someone or you can store half for the next day.  The best way to store it would be to put half in the freezer in ice cube trays.  When they freeze, pop them out and put them in a freezer bag.  Lable it as one serving.  When you want to use it, throw them in the blender with some water!




Recovery Monster

No comments:

Post a Comment