About Me

I started this blog to keep track of my kitchen creations. I love cooking and eating. In 2008 I was diagnosed with RA. Food started becoming a huge problem. I needed to find a better way to eat the flavors I love. All the recipes I create are driven by my desire to eat good food that won't create extra pain and inflammation in my internal ecosystem. While the recipes are wholesome, the language is not. I swear. I use the word 'fuck'. A lot! I make no apologies for that. It's just a fair warning. I'm raw and real. Happy cooking! Even happier eating! Cheers! Angie

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

CREAMY 7 LILY Soup

I made this recipe spur of the moment to satisfy an onion craving.

2 boxes of organic veggie broth or
1 large head of garlic
2 bunches of chives
2 bunches of scallions
4 leeks
3 large shallots
1 large red onion
1 large sweet onion (mayan, spanish, vidallia)
6 chipolini onions
1 small celery, including heart and all the leaves

SLOWLY bring the broth to a boil.  While it's coming to a boil:

Peel and halve the garlic clove by clove and add it to the broth.
Cut the chives and add them in.
Cut the scallions and leeks, including the green part, and add them in.
Peel and quarter the chipolinis, shallots, red onion, and sweet onion and add them in.
Large chop the celery heart, including leaves, and add that in.

Gently boil veggies for about 15 minutes or until veggies are soft. (no more than 15 minutes!)

Strain out the veg from the soup and put them in the blender.
Blend 2-3 cups at a time until smooth, adding back into the soup after each time.
Repeat until you have blended up all the veg.
Salt and pepper to taste.


You can also find this recipe along with many others on Allergy Free Alaska

No comments:

Post a Comment