About Me

I started this blog to keep track of my kitchen creations. I love cooking and eating. In 2008 I was diagnosed with RA. Food started becoming a huge problem. I needed to find a better way to eat the flavors I love. All the recipes I create are driven by my desire to eat good food that won't create extra pain and inflammation in my internal ecosystem. While the recipes are wholesome, the language is not. I swear. I use the word 'fuck'. A lot! I make no apologies for that. It's just a fair warning. I'm raw and real. Happy cooking! Even happier eating! Cheers! Angie

Saturday, April 14, 2012

Flax Milk Is Here!

So wandering the Nature's Market in my local grocery store (Wegmans) I stumbled upon flax milk.  Of course I had to try it.  If you like almomd milk even a little bit, you'll love this!  It's a lot milder than almond milk and not as heavy.  It works well in smoothies, coffee (no separating!), cereal, pancakes & waffles, any recipe that calls for milk, and just in a glass by itself.  It has calcium, omegas, vitamins A, D, & B12.  There is NO cholesterol, NO saturated fat, NO trans fats, and flax is NOT GMO! 

The brand I tried is Good Karma.  I like the brand because, as you can see below, the company supports Sustainable Agriculture.  Listed are a few other tasty things about Good Karma's flax milk.  I'm sure there are other brands, but this is the one my grocer carries.

Ingredients:All Natural Flaxmilk (Filtered Water, Cold Pressed Flax Oil, Evaporated Cane Juice, Tricalcium Phosphate, Vanilla Extract, Canola Lecithin, Sea Salt, Guar Gum, Xanthan Gum, Carrageenan, Natural Flavor, Vitamin A Palmitate, Vitamin D2, Vitamin B12.
  • Benefits:Natural, Lactose Free, Gluten Free, Non Dairy, Trans Fat Free, Soy Free, Allergen Free, Vegan, Supports Green Farming, Omega-3s
  • Fun Facts:Good Karma Products Promote a Healthy Lifestyle while supporting Sustainable Agriculture.

  • Here's the link to Good Karma if youwant to read more about their flax milk and more about the company.  http://www.goodkarmafoods.com/flax-milk-original

    No comments:

    Post a Comment