About Me

I started this blog to keep track of my kitchen creations. I love cooking and eating. In 2008 I was diagnosed with RA. Food started becoming a huge problem. I needed to find a better way to eat the flavors I love. All the recipes I create are driven by my desire to eat good food that won't create extra pain and inflammation in my internal ecosystem. While the recipes are wholesome, the language is not. I swear. I use the word 'fuck'. A lot! I make no apologies for that. It's just a fair warning. I'm raw and real. Happy cooking! Even happier eating! Cheers! Angie

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

GREEN MEENIE Fresh Juice

Talk about a burst of green goodness!  I should have named this GREEN GODDESS!  This juice packs one hell of a chlorophyll punch!  The apple, pear, and lemon combo helps cleanse as well as cut away the bitterness of the greens.  The addition of wild dandelion greens is a great treat or your body during those few weeks in the spring when they start appearing in your front yard.  I don't spray my yard so I know that mine are safe to consume.  Check your local public markets for them too.  Try to avoid the "tame" ones in the supermarkets.  They lose a lot of their natural flavor and nutrients when they are grown deliberately.

1 granny smith apple
1 green pear
1/2 of a lemon, including rind
1 whole unpeeled cucumber
3 stalks of celery
2 stalks of fennel
2 big handfuls of spinach
5 kale leaves
1 small handful of parsely
1 small handful of cilantro
5 green swiss chard leaves
5 romaine lettuce leaves
3-5 good sized fresh, wild dandelion plants, roots too (when in season)
2 frozen wheat grass cubes

Juice the leafy veg first and then everything else except the wheatgrass cubes.  This usually makes enought to fill up 2 pint-sized canning jars or 1 quart jar.  Put one wheatgrass cube in each pint jar or if you are using a quart jar, put them both in there.  Pour the juice over the ice cubes.  Drink immediately or save for later.  If you save it for later, make sure to cap the jar and refrigrate and don't wait too long to drink it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment